Monday, December 8, 2008
When babies don't sleep
KC doesn't want to go to sleep at all tonight. Sexy husband has what looks like a cold and we both have a headache and sore throat...oh no, just before finals week when time and brain function really count. I realize I'm not where I thought I was with organic chemistry in synthesis and reagents, just like 90 percent of my class. The instructor covered a bunch of synthesis problems today like ozonolysis, turning an alcohol into a carboxylic acid and reverse as well as a whole host of other how do you make this from that? questions...and then he threw them in a quiz at the end of class to see how much of a short term memory we have. Unfortunately, these days I find it difficult to access such magical powers. I must have time to study and think about what I've seen and done. It's quite discouraging to do everything on slim sleep and a slight case of living in a box of self doubt, empty of esteem. I was prompted to give something to a friend in my organic chemistry class, which helped me to think about something bigger than my small dark box for a moment. A little background, she had it rough this semester with personal adversaries. I wouldn't bring my problems to the trading table if she was there. Thought of the gift recalled my testimony that God loves us and wants us to come back to him and He won't just bring us back, we have to work hard. I brought a gift for her today, but she was a no-show, probably because she lives in Park City, it's the last week of school and we received around 4 or 5 inches of snow. Sexy husband just put kc to sleep with his magic charm called patience, something I don't have much of right now, so I'm going to jump into bed and give my brain and body the best possible chance tomorrow- Kris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Kris,
I'm taking my last final tomorrow. I had a job interview today with a home health company. I really want the job. The interviewer mentioned about calling my references but at the interview's end he never said if he'd get back to me. I'd love to come help out after my last final tomorrow. Just let me know. I should be taking it in the morning. I didn't do well on my med surg final.It was hard!It was a little discouraging. A past roommate said to me "grades don't determine a person's worth." True! Let me know when I can help.
I love ya,
Michelle
Post a Comment