Wow, a lot happened yesterday. I didn't have a baby sitter, so I stayed home and while KC was taking a nap, I started to do some budgeting and figuring out how much money we needed to earn in order to go on our long anticipated trip to Oregon. I called Dave at work to see how many extra shifts he had scheduled for this month and I found out he had lost his job just yesterday morning and he was using the time to find another job. I can't believe it, I felt sick...where did this come from? Just the other day he told me he got 13 tickets and work was going well. When he was cleaning out his locker, he told some buddies at work that he lost his job because Monday he only had 3 tickets and the head honcho told him when he went into work yesterday that he thought he was burned out and that they should part ways.Dave's buddy said he only had 5 tickets yesterday. I think it has to do with less people parking during the summer. After 5 years of working there, and his supervisor raves about how Dave is so good with people and customer service, I guess he wasn't bringing in enough revenue to pay for the salaries of all the supervisors. JERKS!
I found a little peace when I realized that I had been offered 40 hours per week at my current work, but had not taken it for the lack of consistent child care..and now I have a full-time babysitter, so I'm going to work those 40 hours/week. That should barely stretch to still get us to Oregon at the beginning of July and also pay for food, rent and bills.
We went to Tori's High School Graduation. I forgot to congratulate her or even bring a flower or card or something, much happened that morning that I wasn't expecting. I lost my cell phone at the graduation and spent an hour hauling KC around trying to find it, to no avail. The phone only cost me 10 dollars (and that was a downgrade phone that should have been an upgrade when I renewed my contract in November), but I'm quite depressed about losing some photos that were on the phone of KC when he was real small. That makes me sick to think about.
The week before, we had a pregnancy scare, but I think it was just the stomach flu, thank goodness. A headache still comes and goes and my guts are feeling swollen, but thank goodness. Sometimes I wonder if our apartment will crumble to the ground or go out in a blaze of glory.
At least we have something to look forward to. Oregon, here we come! I'm tempted to go to the beech and get a job, camp forever and never come back. I love the Oregon Coast.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
don't worry about not bringing anything for Tori. We were just so glad that you 3 could come. It was fun at the restaurant afterwards. I am so glad the phone wasn't expensive, but it's too bad about the pictures. We didn't mean to make things worse by offering our basement. We just want you guys to know that it's available if you ever need it. But I am proud of you guys for being independent. I promise that things will get better. I am so glad that you have the job available to you. I am looking forward to Oregon, too. Love, Sue
I do think that Dave was burned out on this job, but it seems like this came out of nowhere. I am sure that in the end, this will be a good thing. He will find a job that he is enthusiastic about and life will go on. It's just so hard to have something like this happen. It can really shake your confidence, but it also can make you dig deep and find out what you really want in life. or at least in a job.
I love you babes. We'll figure something out.
Who's independent? We're very dependent..on paychecks, on the grace of God, on our health, on our community, on our families, on each other, on life. Tough times show us we are very dependent. Independence is for the healthy and well to do.
Post a Comment