Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mrs. Fix-it came to town riding on a pony

I just fixed our car window. It would roll down, but not up before. Thanks to Popular Mechanics ever popular trouble shooting site, I just toggled the switches and fiddled around a little and voila! We saved money by not having to go to a mechanic. Plus, I feel like a she-woman to have tackled such a project. I think I'll go make my own laundry soap and quilts now. Yahoo!!
P.S.- Dad, a reason you may have not been able to put the door covers back on the car doors is because the edges of the door cover are held on by one-time-use plastic pins..popular mechanics says you can use them again if you pry off the door cover carefully. Otherwise, you can buy replacement pins. I also read something about the weather proofing sheet and how you need some sort of cement to put that back on. Search Popular Mechanics website for automatic car window repair. They have some good stuff.

2 comments:

Mishi said...

Yay!

Sue said...

I actually have a recipe for laundry soap if you want it. I haven't made it, but maybe one day I will. You go, Girl.