Friday, June 4, 2010

I wish we would have thought a little more seriously about our lives before we were married. The husband is still not sure about what he wants to do for employment and we're living in the in-laws' basement. We probably have around 6 dollars in change and we have around a hundred dollars in bills that are past due or coming due before the weekend. We also caught a virus from memorial day weekend travels and it's really hard to find energy or esteem enough to find a temporary job for the summer. I'm already starting to waddle, but the good news is that the baby is developing normally.
Dave is going to Vernal today to film a shotgun course with some friends from a social networking gun lover's website. He'll be away for the night and all of tomorrow. He hopes it will become a money maker soon, though I think it's more of a hobby. It's really hard for me to be patient, supportive of Dave and happy with our situation. I envy those who can.
A week ago, reality hit when I waddled into a grocery store covered in goobers from KC and bought ice cream with food stamps. I never thought I would be such a mess. At least I'm not a single mom and at least I don't have any serious physical ailments beside depression. I don't really have much of a self-esteem right now and that is probably what's keeping me from improving my situation right now.
Well, my father-in-law just inserted a kind gesture that may have made the hour. He gave me a Jamba juice. Maybe things aren't going to be so bad.

4 comments:

Shiree said...

Hey, Kristen, I came across your blog on the Hewitt's blog. I am with you on not loving living in the in-law's basement (in my case, it was my parent's basement). Hang in there. Congratulations on graduation and the new baby! (I can give you an invite to my blog if you want one. Just send your e-mail address to shireemartin@gmail.com)

Kris Hewitt said...

Kristen, I admire you so much for being willing to share your thoughts to everyone. I always hide mine away and pretend everything will be fine. I have always admired your ability to use your resources and save money. Making your own cloth diapers, gardening, etc. By the way if you want a package of snappie clips we have an extra that likely we will never use. Will mentioned the other day that it might be something you were looking for. And we are going to be in Salt Lake over the July 9th weekend. I would love to see you. I am having a baby shower on July 10th. Don't bring anything except KC (if you want to.) Send me your address kristyhewitt06@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Yes that was me, where you saw me. And I'm about to break news but I haven't to everyone. I'm past the first trimester so I think I can let the cat out of the bag. But that's too funny that you saw us.

Kris Hewitt said...

Congrats on the baby. She is so cute!