Dave and I went to an Elder's Quorum gun shoot just west of Utah Lake a week ago. I haven't shot a rifle or shotgun in a real long time, since I was a teenager. I found I haven't lost touch. I'm just as good 'a shot as I remember. With handguns, it's another story. I don't know why dave whips up such a halabalu excitement when one is in my hand. Personally, they are not my favorite, handguns that is. I love my hands themselves. Anyway, here's a picture of what I call a super soaker, except it shoots more than water.
Guns are not my favorite devices. In fact, they highly intimidate me. Since Dave and I have been married, he has taken an obsessive like to firearms and I have but to adjust to being around guns. Although they intimidate me, some guns are fun to shoot and I want to support this hobby that Dave really enjoys. I would want him to do the same for me.
We're looking into buying an S&W steel frame revolver that fits my hand so we can go to the range together. One step toward mutual hobby enjoyment is to be at a similar skill and knowledge level, so I don't get intimidated right off the range. The good news is that my competency will increase.

No comments:
Post a Comment