Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sails



I bought a new dressy-type outfit for KC. His vest has a sail boat on the front. It must be a sign that today in stake conference, a member of the quorum of the seventy read the following poem by Ella Wheeler Wilcox:

One ship drives east and another west
with the self-same winds that blow

Tis the set of the sails and not the gales
that decides the way to go

Like the winds of the sea are the waves of fate
As they voyage along through life

Tis the will of the soul that decides it's goal
and not the calm or the strife

Let our convictions (covenants to whom ever) guide us and not circumstance. This poem applies to so much of my life in learning how to teach, in personal and family goals, and in boosting my own convictions.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Hey that is pretty cool and a cute outfit. I really like what you've been doing to your site... it's cute... the whole picture of KC in the driver seat! Thanks for adding us to your blog list.

Sue said...

I love how KC is using his mouth to steer. You better watch out, he's going to be asking for the keys before you know it.

Alan & Allison said...

Hi!
This is Allison Hansen, your old visiting teaching partner from the village (and Dave's friend from drumline). Your son is adorable! I hope you guys are doing well and that you're happy!